Students Support Services
We understand the challenges and difficulties international students may encounter as you need to get adjusted to a new culture and environment, make new friends, and successfully complete your studies. That’s why our dedicated Students Support Team will ensure best support and assistance with your behavioural, academic and/or emotional problems.
The Student Support Team is your first point of contact if you need support with your studies and you're not sure where to get the help you need. This service is free to all students (domestic and international; new and continuing students) and the information discussed will be kept confidential.
Support services for international students include:
- Enrolment procedure and documentation
- Accommodation and airport reception service on your arrival in Melbourne (this must be pre-booked or prior notice ahead must be provided)
- Orientation program as per your offer letter
- Provide you a ‘key contact person’ for all your communication
- Provide information about life in Melbourne and studying at MCCA
- What is expected of you as a student visa holder
- Support for general and personal issues that may affect your ability to study
- Health services referral
- Social activities, programs and support for involvement in your local community
- Provide one-on-one support to individual students in crisis
- Support and encouragement
- Support for academic and future progress.
- The following external agency is contracted by the college to provide services that are performed by qualified practitioners/ counsellors who are able to provide counselling to students in an intercultural context and are available and accessible by students at suitable times (during the agency’s advertised hours):
Lifeworks Relationship Counselling & Education Services
Level 4/255 Bourke St, Melbourne, Vic, 3000
Ph: 1300 543 396