National Course Code: CHC33015 || CRICOS Course Code: 096182F
26 weeks, Students can finish early depending on competency levels
Level 9, 120 Spencer Street, Melbourne CBD
Mode of Study:
The modes of study include: Online and face-to-face training, Work placement, Self-study.
Written work, projects, log book and observations
Work Placement Hours:
120 Hours (Placements will be provided by college)
This course is currently being offered for $999* (Promotional Price)
Make an Enquiry
Are you passionate about providing care for the people? If YES then you can turn your passion into profession by enrolling for the course Certificate III in Individual Support (Previously known as certificate III Aged care). This course will help you understand all basic to advanced care giving procedures. It will provide practical and theoretical knowledge on how to provide support and care services for people. You will also learn how to deal with all complex situations successfully.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Successful completion of Year 10 or equivalent
- Successful completion of the college's LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) test
- Access to a computer (with Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word and a web browser)
- Access to the Internet
- Access to a video and audio recording device
- Computer skills including an understanding of how to access an online video conferencing software, how to use Microsoft Word and Adobe Reader, and be able to download, scan and upload documents, and how to access online materials.
Applicants with no formal qualifications and who are commencing within or have experience within a relevant industry may also be considered for entry into the Course.
Before commencing work placement, learners are required to provide:
- A Federal Police Check (name check), no more than 6 months
- An NDIS Worker Screening Check when required
- Evidence of up-to-date vaccination as required
- Applicants must be physically capable of doing general lifting and be prepared to be on their feet for long stretches of time.
To be awarded the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support, competency must be achieved with total of Thirteen (13) units, consisting of:
- Seven (7) Core Units
- Six (6) Elective Units
The selected elective units will provide learners with a well-rounded unit combination aligned to current industry requirements and the qualification level.
There are no pre-requisite units for this qualification.
Elective units have been selected by the College in consultation with industry experts.
CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
CHCCCS002 Assist with movement
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
Training Product Status: Current
Training Product Release Date: 28 April 2022
Further Study Pathways
After achieving this qualification, students may continue their studies in CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
Participants are provided with advice on career development and training options throughout the delivery of the program.
Job roles include:
- Care assistant / worker
- Home maintenance worker
- Care service employees
- In-home respite giver
- Community care worker
- Personal care assistant
- Community support worker
- Personal care giver / worker
- Disability support worker
- Planned activity assistant
- Transport support worker
- Food services deliverer
- Support worker
- Home care worker
The training methodology for this training program will ensure that the course is
- Hands-on training/work placement
- Access to equipment and teaching personnel
- Student Mentoring